Donnerstag, 23. August 2012

Decadent Brithday Feast Part 2: Cake

                                   the ultimate birthday cake

What is a birthday without a proper birthday cake, so the day before I endeavoured to make the most lavish cake I have ever made, and even if I do say so myself, it was marvelous, rich and chocolatey. 
The filling is a cinnamon chocolate cream and the frosting is a very rich chocolate ganache. Next time, if I do decide to make this cake again, and I'm pretty sure I will, then I will use a dark chocolate with less cocoa percentage in it, the one I used had about 85%, quite bitter, too bitter for my taste. 
I was amazed how the soup like chilled filling turned into a thick cream after beating it for a while, magnificent.  
Here is the recipe for the Cinnamon Caramel Ganache Layer Cake. 



 two layers of caramel cream filling and three layers of chocolate cake


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...