Freitag, 18. April 2014

Kinda Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Choc Chip Oat Cookies


Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best, don't ya think?

I love choc chip cookies, and as far as I can remember they were the first biscuits I made on my own as a child. And of course the best part was licking the bowl after dropping little balls on the baking sheets. Heaven.
I didn't think about salmonella, and definitely not about all the unhealthy ingredients and transfats and hormones and what not, ah come on.
 If your craving cookies, you just want to eat them and not think about what you're really putting into your body. Especially as a child you don't care. 

Well, all grown up now and ever more on the road to healthy and vegan I have realized that food can be delicious and healthy at the same time, and you can even lick the bowl without any regrets.

I have made lots different veganized versions of choc chip cookies, some turned out great, others not so much, some were exactly right, soft and chewy at the same time, some not so much, hard or just not tasting right. I am still on the lookout for the perfect vegan choc chip cookie, but until then I will content myself with peanut butter cookies instead, because the usually turn out great.  Now, I never used to add peanut butter to cookies in the past, to anything really, it was just not in my cooking repertoire, it never registered as a possibility. But since I discovered it, which is really not that long ago, I can't seem to stop using it, I want it in everything now. 

Pumpkin Fritters with Curried Peanut Butter Spinach, Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles, Chinese Stir Fry with Sate Sauce, ok someone stop me...

So my newest foray into the world of peanut butter is this recipe:

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Oat Cookies


and they are kinda healthy, because the don't use sugar, butter nor white flour.

Ingredients:

250g pitted dates, soaked overnight
100g oats ground to flour
250g Oats
peanut butter 200g
100ml Oat milk
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Vanilla Essence, add to your taste
pinch of  Salt
100g Choc Chips

So, its important to soak your pitted dates overnight, so they can be turned into a smooth paste.

Preheaht your oven to 180°C.

First thing you have to do is make your oat flour, if you can buy it, do so, or make your own by placing 100g oats in a food processor and process until you got a flour consistency. Add to mixing bowl. Drain you dates. Now put your dates into a blender or a food processor and process until you have a smooth paste, scrape down sides, if necessary. Now add all the ingredients in your mixing bowl and combine. You should have not too sticky cookie dough, if its too liquidy, add more oats or oats flour, if you like it sweeter, add more dates or some maple syrup.

Shape your dough into little balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake your cookies.
The time really depends on how soft or hard you like your cookies, I thought they were far too soft after 15min, the normal time for cookies, so I ended up with 25-30min, so bake them for at least 15min and then test and see what you prefer.

Enjoy.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...