Samstag, 19. April 2014

Me-Made-May '14 - My Pledge

http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.de/2014/04/me-made-may14-sign-up-here.html

Have you heard of the Me-Made-May-Pledge before? I doscovered it last year for the first time and was immediatley hooked. I loved seeing all the different bloggers documenting their habits of mindfully wearing their handmade clothes. It was very inspiring to see them incorporating their carefully stitched and treasured clothing into everyday life.
I couldn't have taken part last year, for one thing, as I discovered it far too late and secondly, I definitely didn't have enough handmade things to wear at that time.

Since then I have made several dresses and other clothes and also have a few projects on the go, that I can sufficiently adhere to my pledge:

‘I, Morven of Morven's Handmades, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May ’14. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade garment each day for the duration of May 2014.’

I intend to take a picture of me every day, which will be the hardest part of the whole challenge, because I never seem to fit a photoshoot into my schedule. Furthermore, I will be spending a week in Hamburg, so you will see some in action pics of me in Hamburg, lets see if I even take one/have one taken at the Reeperbahn :)
I'll collect the pics and blog about them once a week.

I have noticed that I tend to wear knit dresses on a day to day basis, as they are so comfortable and easy to wear, but I have quite a few cotton dresses in my closet, which I tend to ignore, not because I don't like them or because they don't fit, but because I want to save them up.
For what exactly? I honestly do not know.
Therefore, my additional challenge to myself will be to finally wear my cotton dresses.

If you’d like to participate in Me Made May, you can view all the info here on Zo’s blog.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...